Pregnancy is a special time in a woman’s life, it’s exciting, stressful, scary, joyful and uncertain, all at once. Your body changes every day, in many ways, some are obvious, some are not. Visible changes are relatively obvious, your abdomen changes to accommodate the new life. Hormonal changes are less visible, but still very powerful, and can leave you feeling not like yourself.
Pregnancy or prenatal massage is safe, and can be very beneficial, at all stages of pregnancy, even if you had trouble conceiving. From conception to birth, whether this is your first, second or 10th pregnancy, each pregnancy is unique, and different in it’s own way. You may have had a ton of back pain with your first, but none with this one. Some pregnancies have morning noon and night sickness, others may bring on significant emotional swings. Each is pregnancy is unique, but they all change how your body functions.
Prenatal massage helps with:
- Aches and pains as your body changes and grows. You carry yourself differently due to a growing abdomen and breasts pulling you forward, forcing your back and hip muscles to compensate.
- Swollen legs, or edema, caused by a growing belly reducing circulation to your legs.
- Reduce nausea.
- Hormone regulation. Massage can increase Dopamine and serotonin levels, and provide better regulation for others that you are now creating
- Self-esteem. As your body rapidly changes, you may develop PUPPP (a harmless rash), or acne. You may feel unimportant as everyone around you is all abuzz with excitement about the child you are creating. Massage can be an excellent way to just focus on you.
- Massage can improve the birthing experience and recovery outcomes of both mother and child.
- Sciatic pain can be greatly reduced through mild stretching and releasing muscles in the low back and legs.
- Massage improves sleep by helping to increase serotonin levels, an important hormone not only for happiness, but for falling and staying asleep.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you in this special time.
Please call 336-899-0923